Serving Boise & the surrounding community since 1994.
Bandanna Running & Walking has been located at the corner of 5th & Main in Downtown Boise since 1994. We are proud to be an integral part of Boise’s running and walking community. Since opening our doors, we have extended a passion for running, walking, cross country, and track & field to Idaho residents. Although much has changed since the early 1990’s, Rich and his wife Shannon remain committed to the local community and to supporting a love of running, walking and/or movement… and preferably in quality shoes, apparel and accessories! At Bandanna, we do believe “a pair of shoes can change your life!” We also believe in long-lasting relationships and that quality will always be more important than quantity. We are asked daily to support various causes, events, charities and organizations. Although we would love to be able to donate/support everyone that asks/inquires, we simply cannot.
We have spent a great deal of time and energy identifying a “focus” for such support, and are proud to celebrate the following partnerships/relationships (no order/priority intended):
- Treasure Valley Family YMCA*
- Team Idaho and YMCA Race Series
- YMCA Track & Field Invitational
- YMCA Strong Kids Campaign
- Y-Striders Turkey Trot Relay
- Race to Robie Creek
- Sawtooth Relay
- Bob Firman Invitational
- Nike NW Cross Regional Meets @ Eagle Island
- Capitol Classic
- Simplot Games
- Ridge to Rivers Trail System & the Bandanna Trail
- Boise River Running Club
- Boise Y-Striders Running Club
- Boise Betties
- Local High School Cross Country & Track Programs
- Jimmy Driscoll Invitational
- Bandanna/Bishop Kelly Invitational
- Elementary School Jog-a-Thons
- Lee Pesky Learning Center
- Bogus Basin Ski Patrol & Various Fundraising Efforts
- Idaho Shakespeare Festival Fundraising Gala
- Elementary School Silent Auctions/Fundraisers
- Middle School Silent Auctions/Fundraisers
- High School Silent Auctions/Fundraisers
- Annual VALE Fourth of July Fun Run for the VALE Cross Country Team
- Annual Banff Film Festival
- St. Alphonsus Team member Annual Giving Campaigns and Health Fairs
- St. Luke’s Alternative Transportation Program
- City of Boise BEAT Program
- *Bandanna gives a discount to all Y Members including Y Staff. Woot!
Although this list is not entirely comprehensive, it goes a long way toward “defining” our focus/passions. If you are interested in seeking sponsorship/a donation and/or support from Bandanna for your organization/event, we are happy to receive your submission by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. In most instances, requests for donation/support need to be received a minimum of 60 days prior to the event. We look forward to hearing from you. We will attempt to respond to every request personally. Rich and Shannon Harris, Owners.
Bandanna is also proud to offer a discount to Coaches, local track & field and cross country athletes, Y.Strider members, BAR members, Healthcare Providers, Boise Betties & Billies, Farriers, and a 9.11% discount to all Service Personnel.
INTERESTING BANDANNA FACT:
A love note from her husband and the desire to raise the spirits of the patriots inspired Martha Washington to make the first bandanna. Thanks, Martha!